1. Who Do We Collect Information From?
We currently collect only information provided by the visitor and user of the Website.
2. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect information:
- That you provide through the forms when you fill online enquiries
- Automatically when you visit our Website, including information about the device with which you logged into our Website, your web browser, your IP address, time zone, cookies installed on your device, and information on the search terms that referred you to our Website (“Device Information”).
3. How Do We Use and Disclose Your Information?
- We use your information to communicate with you and personalize your user experience by sending out periodic emails to you and receiving feedback to improve our Website;
- We may use your information to create aggregated and anonymized data for analytical purposes.
4. What About Links to Other Websites?
Our Website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. Canadainfo.org is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
5. How Do We Obtain Your Consent?
By using our Website, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy. Your consent is the legal basis for our use of your personal information. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the Chief Privacy Officer at https://www.canadainfo.org/contact. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
Your account settings allow you to change your communication preferences with respect to emails. You may also close your account if you want to withdraw your consent from our further use of your information.
Even after consent is withdrawn, we may, however, retain your resumes, cover letters, inquiries and any order information in server back-ups and information about your previous transactions for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
6. How Can You Contact Us?
If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you with services, contact us at https://www.canadainfo.org/contact
1. About Us
This website (www.canadainfo.org) (“Website”) is operated by Canadainfo.org. We have appointed a Chief Privacy Officer who is accountable for our personal information handling practices. The Chief Privacy Officer can be reached at https://www.canadainfo.org/contact. If you have a question or complaint about our personal information handling practices, please contact us at https://www.canadainfo.org/contact.
2. Effective Date and Scope
This Privacy Notice is effective as of February 6, 2021.
This Privacy Notice governs our practices with respect to personal information we collect through our Website https://www.canadainfo.org/contact
3. How We Use Your Information
We use your information to better understand the use of the website by visitors. We may release such information for the purposes of creating reports indicating the website’s trends in the usage.
4. Sharing your information to others
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of our business or as part of a company reorganization.
5. Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information.
6. How we collect your information
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. We collect various types of cookies, including but not limited to:
- Essential cookies, including user logins and account management;
- Performance cookies, including analytics and visitor tracking;
- Functional cookies, including language, timezone, enhanced content;
- Targeting/advertising cookies, including content partners, banner networks.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
We collect information that you provide when you sign-up, and/or at the time at which you update your user profile with additional information. This information includes:
- Email address
- Phone number
7. How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result of your cookies settings.
8. Data Retention
We will retain your personal information for as long as:
- Your personal information is needed to provide you services; or
- It is necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance and audit requirements.
9. Accuracy of Your Personal Information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you at any time.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is correct, complete and up-to-date to the extent we are notified of any changes by you. You can review and update your personal information on our Website. You can assist by keeping us informed of any changes or informing us if you find any errors in our information about you. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party that you are aware of, we would be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information upon your request.
10. Security Measures
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Personal information uploaded to our Website is transmitted to us using industry standard encryption, which creates a private conversation between your computer and our Website. We authenticate our Website and enable TLS/SSL encryption to protect your sensitive data and transactions.
Despite our efforts, if we learn of a security breach that can result in a real risk of significant harm to you, we’ll notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
11. Business Transfers
Canadainfo.org, or substantially all of its assets, are to be acquired, user information might be one of the assets transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Canadainfo.org may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
12. Revision of Policy
This policy may be revised from time to time. We will notify you of material changes prior to such material change being effective, either by e-mail at the address you have provided to us in connection with your registration on our website or by a prominent notice on our Website. Your continued use of our Website, or failure to cancel your account on our Website following such notification shall constitute your acceptance of the revised policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
13. Disputes and Complaints
14. Regarding Children and Minors
Our Website is not intended to be used by children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received or collected personal information pertaining to a child under the age of consent in the country where the child is located without valid consent, we will delete such information from our records.
15. How to Contact Us